Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Favorite Makeup Brands, and why I love Them!

Today I'm not going to just talk about one specific product. I'm going to be telling you guys what my favorite makeup brands are, and why I like them so much.

Almay- Almay was the very first makeup brand I tried, and I've always been really pleased with their products. Many cosmetics are too heavy and thick, but Almay's cosmetics always feel clean and fresh. They are also fragrance free, which is perfect for those of you with sensitive skin. I've always felt that Almay is one of the better quality makeup brands, and I've recommended their products to friends and family members.

Rimmel London- I've only just started purchasing Rimmel products, because there was a sale on at my drugstore and I figured I might as well try some of their cosmetics out. I wasn't expecting much, I've always thought Rimmel was kind of cheap and tacky. It is true that some of their cosmetics aren't very good, but I've been so, so happy with a lot of their cosmetics! At the moment I am using their mascara "Sexy Curves" and it is one of the best mascara's I've ever used. A friend of mine is a huge fan of their eyeshadows, and I can say that they do have pretty good eyeshadows. Rimmel carries lots of products, and it can be difficult finding the one you want, so I would suggest looking at their website and researching their different products so your not totally overwhelmed when you go to buy some.

Maybelline- Of all the makeup brands I've ever tried, Maybelline has been the one that has always worked for me. I know some people don't like their products, but I've got to say that I've only had a bad experience with one of their products. Maybelline is very inexpensive, and to me their products are good quality. They've come out with many new products lately that have been excellent, I love Maybelline!

M.A.C.- I have to include MAC in this list, because their products are perfection. I can't think of anything remotely bad to say about them. Everyone who I have talked to that has MAC products loves them; I love my MAC products. They really are just wonderful, well made cosmetics. The prices are kind of high, but the cosmetics are very, very good quality. They have so many different things to choose from, there is definitely something for everyone.

Clinique- Clinique is up there with MAC, another company whose products are perfection (except the eye primer, agh!) but really I have been so happy with most of their products, they are another company with a wide range of things to choose from. They are constantly coming out with new products which I'm always dying to try; and of course their products are all made from high quality ingredients. Just a wonderful makeup brand!


So thats it! I know this post wasn't very informative, but I just wanted to share my favorite makeup brands with you guys. Please leave me a comment telling me what your favorite makeup brands are!

2 comments:

  1. always thought Rimmell was too cheap to be any good, but maybe I will need to try some after what you wrote.

    I like Physicians Formula, Clinique for makeup. I like Body Shop for skin care. Their stuff goes on sale a few times a year for 3 items for $30 so I buy as much as I can of the really expensive moisturizers and skin care products that are usually $25 - 35 each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really suggest Rimmel!

    Physicians Formula is very good, but I've only tried a few things from them, so I can't say that its one of my favorite brands. The Body Shop is great, i just bought their skin care kit for acne prone skin. I haven't used it yet, but I'll be doing a review on it when I try it.

    ReplyDelete