Monday, March 8, 2010

Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara


I never really think of buying mascara from CG, I just think of them more as a company for eyeshadow and foundation. I decided to buy this mascara a couple of months ago simply because I was in need of a new mascara and this was on sale! I wasn't expecting it to be great, just lengthen my lashes a little. After using it every day for two months I can honestly say that this mascara is amazing; when I use mascara I want it to lengthen my eyelashes but also separate them and thicken them. This mascara does it all! My eyes look wider and more awake, my lashes spread out evenly and they look much much longer.

The reason this mascara is called "eyelights" is because it's supposed to enhance your natural eye colour. How? I have no idea, and honestly my eyes have never looked any brighter when I use this, but I still love it! It doesn't smudge or flake at all during the day which is great, and it comes off easily with any eye makeup remover.
Overall this is a great mascara that I'll definitely be purchasing again.

*I forgot to add that it has a rubber brush, nice quality and not flimsy

6 comments:

  1. I think it has a bit of tint and some metallic bits in it t make your eyes look brighter. I imagine this pretty subtle so maybe it just looks brown ( or black).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the waterproof version of this for blue eyes and I like it a lot. It doesn't clump and goes on smoothly. The bits that are supposed to highlight the colour of your eyes must be very subtle indeed, as it looks like regular black to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last mascara was from Marcelle, but I was ticked off with the narrowness of the opening of the container. Every time I returned the wand to it, most of the mascara scraped off and stuck to the outer rim. What a waste. I recently bought Covergirl Professional All in One mascara (the blue one) for the first time. It is excellent for my tastes. It separates the lashes and lengthens them without clumping them. It gives a very natural enhanced look without being too "made-up". At the end of a long day I sometimes notice a bit of flaking off, but I can live with that considering everything else about it, including the price, is great.

    Keep up the great work, 16 year old Shopaholic! Maybe one day you could have a look at some of the products that don't involve animal testing. I don't always use them myself, mainly because they are on the whole, rather expensive, and seem a bit of a risk to buy when I know nothing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous- Yes it's very subtle, it looks like plain old black to me!

    Jennifer- Glad you liked this mascara as well! I find CG mascara's are really great. I recently found out though that CG tests their products on animals :( But lots of other drugstore makeup brands don't! Like Almay, Revlon, Physicians Formula and lots more, so I think I'm going to try and stay away from CG cosmetics, as much as I love them. I think I'm going to start investing in higher quality, and cruelty free makeup for products like foundation and mascara, because those are staples in a makeup collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you ever notice your eyes watering a bit after putting on mascara? Hope I am not allergic! I tried this and it just seemed black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I've never had a problem with mascara. A friend of mind did though, her eyes were itchy and red after the used Maybelline's Colossal Mascara

    ReplyDelete