Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beach Babe- Spice up Your Summer Beauty!

Sorry for the cheesy title everyone, I couldn't think of anything else! Also, sorry I've been MIA for the past few days, I just didn't feel like writing anything (I'm a bad blogger)

Today I'm going to be sharing a few tips with you that I think make everyone look gorgeous in the summer months. I always like to go for that straight off the beach look in the summer (messy surfer waves, tanned skin) and I'm sure many of you go for the same look. I know I gave you guys some tips and tricks a few weeks ago for Summer beauty, but this post will be different!

For me tanning is the most difficult thing to do, I am very fair naturally and I tend to burn more than I tan. I also wear a lot of sunscreen during the Summer so that obviously keeps me from getting a tan. I like to use self tanning lotions to give myself a warm, subtle glow. Adding just a hint of bronze to your skin makes you appear healthier, and makes you look fantastic! I've only ever tried one self tanner and it turned me a bit orange, so I laid off it for a few days and my skin went back to normal. Experiment with different tanning lotions, and see what works for you!

Get your hair highlighted! If your like me and you have naturally dark hair then add a few warm highlights to your hair. You don't need to get many, just a few framing your face is all you need to add a nice glow. Of course you can get as many as you want, but highlights can be pretty expensive so go for fewer if you can't afford to get your whole head done. I suggest pretty honey coloured ones, maybe a few warm red tones; whatever you want really.

Add some sparkle to your eyes. Summer is supposed to be fun and carefree, so experiment with different makeup looks! If you typically wear dark, matte eyeshadow try some beautiful bronze shimmer instead. Adding that bit of sparkle to your eyes makes all the difference. I personally wear bronze eyeshadow all the time, I think it looks great in any season. But Summer is probably the best time to try it out.

Okay, so I know that this post didn't include a whole lot, just three tips. However I don't think you should be worrying too much about makeup during the Summer, just slather on some sunscreen, dust on some sparkly eyeshadow, and hit the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment