Saturday, May 1, 2010

Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer


Hi everyone! I realized the last time I posted was four days ago, so I really have to get back on track. I'm going to be reviewing one of Maybellines concealers today. I usually don't use concealer because I am usually able to cover up any blemishes and redness I have with foundation. But there are days when I have very dark under eye circles, and sometimes some very red areas on my face, so it's nice to have a concealer to cover that up. My main problem with concealers is the fact that many of them look dry and cakey when you apply them, and sometimes they look very yellow.

I bought this concealer a couple of months ago and probably use it about once or twice a week, I have been so, so happy with it. I didn't know what to expect with it when I first bought it because as I said I've never had a lot of luck with concealers. I purchased the lightest colour they had (ivory) and it blends in perfectly with my skin tone. I sometimes put it under my foundation, and sometimes put it on over my foundation, it doesn't make a difference when you apply it because it blends in seamlessly. It doesn't sink into the fine lines under your eyes, and it covers up redness very well. The colour isn't too yellow and I haven't had a problem with this looking dry and cakey. This is a liquid concealer, which is funny because I thought it would be a mineral concealer because of what it is called. Anyway, the texture is great, very creamy and smooth. The bottle is pretty small but you don't need very much when you use it; a little goes a VERY long way. It comes with a wand applicator that's quite easy to use. The staying power is pretty good, I might reapply it once a day. All in all this is great, it's inexpensive but high quality. I'd really recommend this!

No comments:

Post a Comment