Monday, February 22, 2010

Clinique 3-step Skin Care System


I know talking about face wash and moisturizer isn't the most fascinating topic in the world, but it's very important to have clear skin if you want your makeup to go on smoothly. I have combination oily skin, which means that my nose, forehead, and chin get really oily throughout the day, but my cheeks stay smooth. When I was about 13 I started to really struggle because my face was developing oil really quickly, and I was getting acne. Basically my face was a mess. I didn't wear makeup when I was thirteen, but I obviously wanted clear skin, I had been using little cleansing pads, but they just weren't working for my skin anymore. I decided to go to a local dermatologist to see what suggestions they had. She started me on a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer routine, that worked really well, but it was crazy expensive!

My mom decided to research different skin care systems, and decided that it would be a good idea to try Clinique because they have a great reputation. My mom and I decided on the 3-step skin care system in level 3 (there are different levels for different types of skin) The 3 step skin care system comes with a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, each one is modified slightly for different skin types. Anyway! After about a week and a half of using the system, my skin started to clear up noticeably, it was less oily, and I wasn't breaking out all the time! I was really, really happy with the results; I've been using the system ever since then, and haven't had any bad breakouts since. Like any other teenager I'll break out occasionally, but it goes away quickly.

The 3 step system is a bit expensive, but it lasts for a long time, and really helps clear up your skin. Check out Cliniques site because I'm not sure of the exact price for everything, but I think it's about $70. Actually I just asked my mom, and she said it's $74.50. So yes, I know it's expensive! But soon I'll be doing reviews on less expensive brands that clear up your skin well. Just remember, if you are someone who has acne there are lots of ways to get rid of it. Go to your local department store, go around to the different makeup and skin care counters and see what they recommend!

4 comments:

  1. Do you remember the name of the really expensive system you tried first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! it was dermalogica, I forget what exact products I was using though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the Clinique 3 step and then switched to Body Shop product line which I like a lot. Dermalogica is very expensive and I always wonder if it really is that different from drugstore brand things. You review of Spectra gel seems to say that it did just as good a job of cleaning as one of these more expensive products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found a skin care routine that worked for you! I actually just purchased one of the starter skin care kits from the body shop, i hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete