Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Almay Clear Complexion Foundation


I have a confession... I'm absolutely addicted to foundation! I like all makeup in general, but I can never have enough foundation. I don't know why, it's a weird addiction. Today I'm just going to talk about one specific foundation, Almay Clear Complexion Foundation. I've owned this foundation for about about 2 months (Foundation expires after about a year) and I use it about 2 times a week. The reason I bought it was because it supposedly kept oil at bay and helps heals blemishes.

On Almay's website they say that this foundation will soothe and protect from dryness and redness. Personally I don't agree with them, I find this foundation can actually dry out your skin, and doesn't blend that well. I'm not saying it's a terrible foundation though! It has some great qualities, for instance it has a nice consistency and covers up blemishes really well, it does help keep oil down for a few hours, and it's layerable (I'm aware that's not a word), meaning that you can layer it without it looking chalky. This isn't my favorite foundation and I probably won't purchase it again, only because my skin is very dry in some areas and this doesn't hide it that well.

I usually really like Almay's products, and I've had a lot of luck with some of their products in the past, so I'm a little disappointed that this foundation didn't live up to my expectations. But at least I know now that their this foundation doesn't work for me! Almay makes wonderful eye shadows and pressed powders though, so I'll definitely be doing some reviews on those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment